After many years of buying and testing various foods at Trader Joe’s, I’ve compiled a list of what I think are the BEST products at Trader Joe’s. From cheese to sauces to frozen foods, these are the items I buy over and over again, and they never disappoint. What would you add to the list?
Each time we’ve been faced with a pending move, one of the first questions I ask about the new location is: “Do they have Trader Joe’s there?” Thankfully, the answer has always been YES. I feel for those who don’t have access to the store and all of its awesomeness. But I do have faith that the chain will continue to expand, so if you’re currently lacking a Trader Joe’s in your area, don’t despair.
I go to Trader Joe’s once every few weeks. While I buy a lot of produce and other basics there, these are things that A) I can’t find anywhere else, or B) aren’t nearly as good anywhere else. I thought I would share my personal list of Trader Joe’s best products for any TJ’s lovers or newbies who’d like some recommendations. And I would really like to hear what others absolutely love at Trader Joe’s because I’m always looking to expand my list of favorites.
Here Are the Best Products at Trader Joe’s (in my opinion):
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese: Guests always rave about this cheese and ask us where we got it.
- Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah: Ditto the above. Pairs SO well with red wine.
- Pita Bite Crackers: Super crunchy, and they stand up to any dip.
- Multigrain Pita Chips: Delicious flavor and crunch, and not too thick.
- Thai Lime & Chili Almonds: Unique flavor that’s really crave-worthy.
- Feta Cheese Spread: I love this on slices of toasted baguette, topped with sliced tomatoes.
- Soft and Juicy Mango: You wouldn’t normally think of dried mango as being juicy, but this totally is!
- Cowboy Bark: Totally addicting dark chocolate bark with pretzels, almonds and other goodies.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: A container of these only lasts a few days at our house.
- Breaded Cod Fillets: Sort of like an adult version of a fish stick. Flaky cod and a deliciously crunchy crust.
- Mahi Mahi Burgers: Our family eats these once a week. Add some tarter sauce, lettuce, and tomato, and serve on toasted Trader Joe’s ciabatta rolls.
- Vegetable Masala Burgers: If you love Indian Samosas, you’ll love these patties, too. Serve with cilantro chutney.
- Lemon Bars: Just thaw, put on a platter and you’ve got an instant, elegant guest-worthy dessert.
- Frozen Roasted Corn: The charred, fire roasted flavor of this frozen corn is unbeatable.
- Frozen Roasted Pepper Medley: Toss in a slow cooker with some sausage, and dinner is ready!
- Mini Ice Cream Cones: The perfect bite sized treats.
- Mini Churros: When I serve these on Taco Tuesday, I’m the hero of the house.
OTHER FAVORITE PRODUCTS:
- Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey (refrigerated): If you can find these peppers stuffed with turkey & rice, buy them! An easy dinner that’s nutritious and delicious.
- Ciabatta Rolls: I know you can find ciabatta rolls anywhere, but the ones at Trader Joe’s are my hands-down favorite. They’ve got the perfect crunchy/chewy texture.
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette: I use this on salad, as a dipping sauce for chicken satay, and to make Thai chicken flatbread.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: If you want to eat chicken nuggets, yet feel like an adult, try this dipping sauce!
- Potted Plants & Flowers: Inexpensive and beautiful, it’s impossible to bypass the TJ’s floral section without grabbing at least one thing.
- Pop-up Sponges: These are the coolest! They come flat in a package of 12. Just add water and you’ve got yourself a sponge. Such a great space saver.
Are any of your favorites on this list? What do you think are the best products at Trader Joe’s? Leave a comment and let me know!