Trader Joe’s Favorites – 2019
This post may contain affiliate links.
After many years of buying and testing various foods at Trader Joe’s, I’ve compiled a list of what I think are the BEST products that are currently available at Trader Joe’s.
From cheese to sauces to frozen foods, these are the items I buy over and over again, and they never disappoint. What would you add to the list?
I go to Trader Joe’s once every few weeks. While I buy a lot of produce and other basics there, these are things that
- A) I can’t find anywhere else, or
- B) aren’t nearly as good anywhere else.
I thought I would share my personal list of Trader Joe’s best products for any TJ’s lovers or newbies who’d like some recommendations. And I would really like to hear what others absolutely love at Trader Joe’s because I’m always looking to expand my list of favorites.
Trader Joe’s favorites:
Best Snack foods at Trader Joe’s:
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese: Guests always rave about this cheese and ask us where we got it.
- Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah: Ditto the above. Pairs SO well with red wine.
- Pita Bite Crackers: Super crunchy, and they stand up to any dip.
- Multigrain Pita Chips: Delicious flavor and crunch, and not too thick.
- Thai Lime & Chili Almonds: Unique flavor that’s really crave-worthy.
- Feta Cheese Spread: I love this on slices of toasted baguette, topped with sliced tomatoes.
- Soft and Juicy Mango: You wouldn’t normally think of dried mango as being juicy, but this totally is!
- Cowboy Bark: Totally addicting dark chocolate bark with pretzels, almonds and other goodies.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: A container of these only lasts a few days at our house.
Best Frozen Foods at Trader Joe’s:
- Breaded Cod Fillets: Sort of like an adult version of a fish stick. Flaky cod and a deliciously crunchy crust.
- Mahi Mahi Burgers: Our family eats these once a week. Add some tarter sauce, lettuce, and tomato, and serve on toasted Trader Joe’s ciabatta rolls.
- Vegetable Masala Burgers: If you love Indian Samosas, you’ll love these patties, too. Serve with cilantro chutney.
- Lemon Bars: Just thaw, put on a platter and you’ve got an instant, elegant guest-worthy dessert.
- Frozen Roasted Corn: The charred, fire roasted flavor of this frozen corn is unbeatable.
- Frozen Roasted Pepper Medley: Toss in a slow cooker with some sausage, and dinner is ready!
- Mini Ice Cream Cones: The perfect bite sized treats.
- Mini Churros: When I serve these on Taco Tuesday, I’m the hero of the house.
Other Favorite Things at Trader Joe’s:
- Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey (refrigerated): If you can find these peppers stuffed with turkey & rice, buy them! An easy dinner that’s nutritious and delicious.
- Ciabatta Rolls: I know you can find ciabatta rolls anywhere, but the ones at Trader Joe’s are my hands-down favorite. They’ve got the perfect crunchy/chewy texture.
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette: I use this on salad, as a dipping sauce for chicken satay, and to make Thai chicken flatbread.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: If you want to eat chicken nuggets, yet feel like an adult, try this dipping sauce!
- Potted Plants & Flowers: Inexpensive and beautiful, it’s impossible to bypass the TJ’s floral section without grabbing at least one thing.
- Pop-up Sponges: These are the coolest! They come flat in a package of 12. Just add water and you’ve got yourself a sponge. Such a great space saver.
Are any of your favorites on this list? What do you think are the best products at Trader Joe’s? Leave a comment and let me know!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.