Marinated Summer Vegetable Salad
A bright and fresh vegetarian "ceviche" salad made with diced summer vegetables in a lime vinaigrette
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion , chopped, white and green parts
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1-2 nectarines, sliced thin and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients for the dressing.
Add bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, and nectarine to a large bowl. Toss gently with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
When ready to serve, add avocado and cilantro and gently stir to combine.
Calories 199kcal (10%)Carbohydrates 18g (6%)Protein 3g (6%)Fat 14g (22%)Saturated Fat 2g (13%)Sodium 204mg (9%)Potassium 549mg (16%)Fiber 5g (21%)Sugar 6g (7%)Vitamin A 1510IU (30%)Vitamin C 50mg (61%)Calcium 14mg (1%)Iron 1mg (6%)