Salmon and Orzo One-Pan Dinner
This post may contain affiliate links.
This salmon and orzo dinner recipe is a perfect weeknight meal that’s both delicious and healthy. So much flavor, easy to prepare, and sure to please everyone in the family.
My favorite dishes to make for dinner are healthy with a little bit of decadence. This new recipe fits the bill. The decadence comes from the orzo simmered in a bacon-infused broth. The nutritious factor comes from the fillets of salmon, diced vegetables and wilted arugula.
You only need one pan for this recipe, which makes for easy clean-up and preparation.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a saute pan that is oven-safe. You cook the bacon, orzo and vegetables on the stovetop, and then nestle the salmon into the orzo mixture before finishing it in the oven.
When the salmon is cooked through, simply add in some arugula, and use a wooden spoon to break up the salmon and stir it into the orzo mixture.
This dish only has 9 simple ingredients, but you’d never guess it from the complexity of flavors. It has the perfect blend of salt, fat, acid and heat. (I absolutely love that book, by the way!)
Salmon and Orzo One-Pan Meal
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c celery, chopped
- 1 c orzo
- 1 lemon, zest and juice needed
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5 lb salmon, cut into four fillets
- 1 c arugula, tightly packed
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, combine bacon, onion, and celery over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is beginning to brown.
- Add orzo and stir to combine. Stir in 1 tsp lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until orzo is tender and liquid has mostly evaporated (about 10-12 minutes).
- Nestle salmon filets into orzo mixture and sprinkle coriander seasoning mixture over the top of each fillet.
- Cover and transfer to oven. Bake until fish is just cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- Use a wooden spoon to break the salmon into pieces and stir into orzo mixture, along with arugula.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.