This easy fall cocktail captures the essence of autumn with the flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon.
Is it even possible to think about fall without immediately thinking of pumpkins?
By the time November rolls around, we might all be totally pumpkined out, but while fall flavors are still fresh and exciting, I have a fantastic, simple cocktail recipe to share: The Pumpkin Ale Fall Cocktail. Doesn’t that have a nice ring to it?
There are only two ingredients required: Pumpkin ale and Goldschlager. However, there’s one caveat. In order for this drink to reach its full peak of awesomeness, you must do the cinnamon-sugar rim. I mean, I guess it’s OK if you don’t want to take the time, but I promise you will thank yourself if you do.
Here are just a few scenarios where the Pumpkin-Ale Cocktail would be the perfect beverage:
- A tailgate
- Watching football at home
- Eating a hot bowl of chili
- Sitting in front of a fire
- Carving pumpkins
- On the deck of a cabin in the woods
- At a Halloween party
- Trick or treat night
- Gazing out the window watching colored leaves cascade from the trees.
- Sitting on your living room couch, watching your 500th episode of House Hunters.
(That last one would be my most likely scenario.)
Just like my iced tea cocktail, this fall cocktail could not be any easier to make. Again, the cinnamon-sugar rim is totally optional, but I highly recommend it. It accentuates the sweet cinnamon-y ness of the Goldschlager and adds that little something special.
To make the rim, you just put a ring of honey onto a plate, and fill a shallow bowl with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the rim of a pint glass into the honey, and then into the cinnamon sugar.
After your glass is ready, pour in a shot of Goldschlager and top with some ice cold pumpkin ale.
Happy fall, y’all!
Easy Fall Pumpkin Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Goldschlager
- 8 oz Pumpkin ale
- cinnamon optional
- sugar optional
- honey optional
- To rim the glass, put a small layer of honey on a small plate, and place a mixture of cinnamon & sugar in a shallow bowl. Dip the rim of a pint glass in the honey, and then into the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Pour 1 oz of Goldschlager into your glass and then top with cold pumpkin ale.