Frozen chocolate banana bites are a simple and refreshing summer treat. Perfect for playdates or last minute summer gatherings.
Who doesn’t love a frozen chocolate covered banana? I used to only find them on the boardwalk at the beach or maybe a carnival, but lately they’ve been cropping up in grocery stores everywhere.
It’s still way less expensive and super easy to make frozen chocolate covered banana bites at home. It’s also a great way to use up leftover bananas before they turn brown.
You only need a handful of ingredients and supplies to make these treats:
Ingredients and supplies for frozen banana bites:
- melting chocolate
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- toppings (toppings optional) such as chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles, or cherries
This is a great way to keep your kids busy over the summer! It’s so easy, they can do it themselves.
Easiest Frozen Banana Bites
- 6 bananas sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 10 oz melting chocolate
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place banana slices in a single layer over the paper.
- Place the sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. (Be sure to go slowly so that the chocolate doesn't thicken.)
- Remove bananas from freezer and drizzle chocolate evenly over the top. If you'd like to add any toppings, sprinkle them on immediately after drizzling chocolate.
- Return bananas to freezer for 30 more minutes until chocolate is fully hardened.
- To store: Break into pieces and stack in a freezer friendly container, placing parchment sheet between each layer to prevent sticking.