I’ve been making this easy baked crab dip for years, and it never disappoints! It’s cheesy, spicy, and super easy. It only takes minutes to assemble.
Looking for a crowd pleasing party recipe or appetizer? This is it.
This crab dip recipe is based on a recipe from Emeril Lagasse that I found about 15 years ago. I’ve simplified it over the years, and also made it more affordable by using canned crab instead of fresh, lump crab.
It’s amazing spread on crackers (my husband loves it on Triscuits) or slices of baguette (my personal favorite).
And some friends of ours came up with the brilliant idea of putting some of this crab dip on top of steak, which was mind blowingly good.
The prep is simple! Just combine the ingredients in a bowl and then bake in an 8×8 square baking dish.
This dip is best served hot out of the oven, but it reheats very well, too, and is just as good the next day (or a few days later). The pickled jalapenos and hot sauce give it the perfect amount of kick.
Shortcuts and Cooking Tips:
- To save money, I use a combination of canned lump crab and canned claw meat. You can certainly use all lump meat if you desire, but it’s not necessary.
- You can use minced jarred garlic in this recipe and it won’t alter the flavor.
- Don’t forget the step of turning on the broiler at the end of the baking process. This is what gives it a nice golden, bubbly top.
- If you love spice, don’t be afraid to add some extra hot sauce to the recipe.
Spicy, Cheesy Crab Dip
- 4 oz canned lump crab meat drained
- 4 oz canned claw crab meat drained
- 4 oz shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos diced
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Spread mixture into an 8×8 or 10×7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until just beginning to bubble/brown on the top.
- Switch oven setting to broil, and broil until top is golden brown (about two minutes).
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers.